Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Boxed In

Boxed In, mixed media textile collage

This photo was actually an image transfer "fail" that got squirreled away in my Miscellaneous/This Could Be Cool Someday box. (Actually I have several.) After being passed over for couple years, she finally declared herself Ready For Her Close-up. All because a torn scrap of window screen made an ultimatum. Don't ask.

It's out of my hands sometimes what winds up in my hands. This doll face was copied from an ancient coffee table book I've treasured since childhood. (And frankly she's shown up in another piece of mine some time back: "Deposition" /photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOkB6mp-F8p6Nf-kVhnlHrhv96Gqww1CSnRfwRb/photo/AF1QipMeFu-z-k-QfWerUQkuBIHQrD5NzuOpKNbK4gjJ ) I tried to be spontaneous and 'quick' but my fingers preferred to fuss over french knots and cross-stitches. Kinda' boxed myself in so to speak - it's a challenge to make embroidery look dashed off yet thoughtful.

Boxed In, mixed media textile collage, detail

Not yet listed. I was thinking of saving this to combine with other individual pieces into an artists book. But I may just set her loose to see what happens. It depends on hauling out the tripod and studio lights to make it official.

In the meanwhile have a look around:
     www.etsy.com/shop/PegasaurusArt
     www.amazon.com/handmade/PegasaurusArt
     www.illumnio.com/PegasaurusArt