Monday, April 24, 2017

Set Your Intention

Prayer Flag Ornaments, mixed media collage

As a fan of writing out goals, of chanting personal affirmations, of whispering to stars in the night sky I took to the idea of prayer flags as another way to "set my intention" and invite the energy and guidance I need to help bring it about. Not to say that our endeavors can be boiled down to just wishing hard enough, but first a seed's gotta be planted, right?

Prayer Flag Ornaments, mixed media collage, detail-1

These 2" x 3" pockets have a slit in the back so little notes, Chinese fortunes, coins and such can be tucked inside. Friendly talismanic elements - buttons, beads, butterflies, glitter, fabric scraps, and Mexican loteria cards - have been attached to create a cocoon of positive energy. My fellow Airy Fairies, I hope it won't seem too silly but I meditated over each and every one with sincere goodwill - blessing - from my heart to yours.

Prayer Flag Ornament, mixed media collage, detail-2

I made several dozen because they're addictive - positive vibes will do that. No two are alike though. They are available in my Etsy shop: etsy.com/shop/PegasaurusArt

Believing is Seeing.